I was very happy when i first saw sharepoint designer 2010 workflow HTML email then i become frustrated because i cannot able to add images and tables directly from editor. i thought rich HTML is not supported with this version but i found a quick way to add rich HTML in email body message.
Here is the steps:
- First create your HTML in dreamweaver or any other HTML editing tool
(NOTE: Try to avoid spacing & <br/>’s )
- Then open your workflow in SPD 2010
- Add “Send email” workflow action from ribbon
- Keep “Send Email” action selected/highlighted
- Then navigate to ribbon and select advanced properties
- Select last option Body
- Click on the button (3 dotted button) to open the text pad
- paste your html including head,body,DTD from dreamweaver
- Click OK and open the action from workflow step
- Then add your lookups and test it.