When configuring SharePoint 2013 Development Virtual server in “Complete” mode you get below issue.
“The username is invalid. The account mist be a valid domain account” when using a local account to configure the farm”
NOTE: Out of the box SharePoint only supports “Stand-alone” mode for non domain environments, but this forces you to use SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition which is most cases is unacceptable.
Use a PowerShell command to create the initial configuration of the farm with a local account:
- Start the SharePoint Management PowerShell
- Run “New-SPConfigurationDatabase” from the command line and follow the instructions
Database Name: Sharepoint_Config
DatabaseServer: Name of your SQL Server
Farm Credentials : localservername\username
Passphrase : Must contain at 8 character with one Caps,one number,& special character
- This will create the farm and configure the necessary accounts.
- Rerun the configuration wizard
- After it finishes start the Config Wizard and configure your server with all components
- Select “Do not disconnect from this server farm”