A smart topic to learn the details of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 field controls and Web Parts and how they differ, and best practices for when to use each type of control.
Author: Andrew Connell, Andrew Connell Inc. (Microsoft MVP)
- Introduction to Understanding Field Controls and Web Parts
- Web Parts
- SharePoint Field Controls
- Important Differences Between Field Controls and Web Parts
- Content Editor Web Part vs. Publishing HTML Field Control
- Best Practices: When to Use Field Controls vs. Web Parts in SharePoint Server Publishing Sites
- Additional Resources
Download the code samples that accompany this article: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Content Editor Web Part Link Fixup and Prohibit Content Editor Web Part.